Marshall Crenshaw
1985-12-20
Empire Rock Club
Philadelphia, PA
WMMR-FM Broadcast
320 kbps
Artwork Included
01. Joe Bonadonna - WMMR-FM Intro
02. Blues Is King
03. Whenever You're On My Mind
04. Shake Rattle and Roll
05. Someday Someway
06. Mary Ann
07. Right Now
08. The Distance Between
09. Reet Petite
10. Little Wild One (No. 5)
11. Cynical Girl
12. Soldier Of Love
13. Encore Break
14. I'm Sorry (And So Is Brenda Lee)
15. There She Goes Again
Those of you have been long time visitors to So Many Roads know that Marshall Crenshaw is one of my favorite rockers, a musician whose talents, unfortunately, have simply never been appreciated by the masses. Famed critic Robert Christgau has heaped praise on Crenshaw’s first two albums, calling them perfect - go here to read the review. Trust him - he’s knows of what he speaks! Unfortunately, I've only gotten to see Crenshaw once, at the famed Maxwell's in Hoboken back in October 1996. I was supposed to see him again in March 2020 at the Stanhope House in New Jersey, but COVID cancelled that and its never been rescheduled.
In any event, this WMMR-FM broadcast captures Crenshaw in Philadephia on December 20, 1985, 4 decades ago today. A big thanks to draftervoi at Voodoo Wagon for this one!



3 comments:
Thank you for reposting draftervoi offerings. Now that age conformation is required by blogspot, I'll never again be able to visit Voodoo Wagon or Floppy Boot Stomp, and I miss those blogs a lot.
Thanks! Marshall Crenshaw is always welcome
Thank you speedy!
Post a Comment