The Clash
1979-12-27
Concerts For The People Of Kampuchea
Hammersmith Odeon
London, UK
Soundboard Recording
320 kbps
Artwork Included
01. Bankrobber
02. Armigedeon Time
02. London Calling
I saw The Clash once in August 1982, a concert I've discussed in detail in my book since I almost missed it! In any event, 1982 turned out to be a star crossed year for the Clash. On one hand, the band achieved a new level of commercial success with the singles Rock The Casbah and Should I Stay or Should I Go. In addition, they received rave reviews for their live shows as the lead-in band for The Who’s “farewell tour”, during which they often times over shadowed the rock veterans. On the other hand, tensions between the band members had the band on the brink of destruction. They would go over the edge in 1983, when Mick Jones left the band, or was fired, depending on what account you read.
This soundboard recording captures 3 songs from The Clash's set at the Concerts for Kampuchea on December 27, 1979, 46 years ago today.



0 comments:
Post a Comment