Coming Attractions

From September 11 to 20, we'll bring you:
Bruce Cockburn, Edie Brickell, Bruce Springsteen, Rick Derringer, David Bowie, Southside Johnny, Music For Montserrat, Jerry Garcia, Crowded House, Counting Crows,The Pretenders, Men At Work, Elton John, and Bob Weir!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday, December 20, 2025

Bruce Hornsby - 2012-12-20 - Tarrytown, NY (Ex Aud)

Bruce Hornsby
2012-12-20
Tarrytown Music Hall
Tarrytown, NY
Excellent Audience Recording
320 kbps
Artwork Included

01. Intro                                    
02. Sticks and Stones                     
03. The Road Not Taken                       
04. Preacher In The Ring Part 1               
05. The End Of The Innocence              
06. Invisible                                 
07. Paperboy                                 
08. Where's The Bat?                          
09. The Valley Road                          
10. The Way It Is                              
11. Nobody There But Me                        
12. Song in E-Flat Major >                     
13. Sad Moon                                   
14. I Can't Make You Love Me                   
15. Spider Fingers                             
16. Fortunate Son                              
17. The Dreaded Spoon                          
18. 20/20 Vision (And Walking Around Blind) > 
19. Night On The Town                          

Encore:
20. Mandolin Rain        

               
Bruce Hornsby is one of those rare artists I've seen as a lead in performer, a solo headliner, and as part of a group. In May 1987, I saw him lead in for the Grateful Dead at Leguna Seca, the only Dead show I attended on the West Coast. Then between 1993 and 2018, my wife and I saw Bruce as the headliner on 6 different occasions, some shows solo, some with the Range, and some with the Nosiemakers. Then after 5 years without seeing Mr. Hornsby, we went to 2 of his shows earlier this year, a solo performance in March and a concert with the Noisemakes just 4 days ago! That makes Hornsby just 1 of 8 artists - the others are the Grateful Dead, Paul McCartney, The Band, Los Lobos, Robert Cray, Joe Jackson and Bruce Springsteen - that I have seen 2 or more times in the same year. On top of that, we saw him 9 times as a member of the Grateful Dead in 1990 and 1991 combined! By the way, if you like keeping track of those kind of statistics releated to the comcerts you have attended, my book has a chapter filled with them that I'm sure you'' enjoy.

This excellent audience recording captures Hornsby playing a solo show in Tarrytown on December 20, 2012, 13 years ago today.






1 comments:

Jackson said...

Looking forward to hearing this! I've still never seen Hornsby in concert, but your blog has encouraged me to catch him the next time I can !!

Post a Comment