Joe Jackson
1982-12-09
The Orpheum Theater
Boston, MA
FM Broadcast
256 Kbps
Artwork Included
01. On Your Radio
02. Another World
03. Sunday Papers
04. Look Sharp!
05. Fools In Love
06. Is She Really Going Out With Him?
07. One More Time
08. It's Different For Girls
09. Target
10. TV Age
11. Steppin' Out
12. Beat Crazy
13. A Slow Song
14. I'm The Man
I've seen Joe Jackson on 3 occasions - in February 1981, in August 1980 and then in October 1982. When I saw him that final time he was in the midst of making the transition from angry punk rocker to an artist playing tunes influenced by Cole Porter, jazz and big band music. I've always preferred Angry Joe!
This FM Broadcast captures Jackson during this Cole Porter moment, in Boston, on December 9, 1982, 43 years ago today, right after the release of the album, Night and Day. The disc went to #4 on the Billboard charts, Jackson’s only top ten album. The singles Steppin' Out" and Breaking Us In Two both were top 20 hits. Gentle Joe was clearly more chart friendly than his angry predecessor.



0 comments:
Post a Comment