Coming Attractions

From September 11 to 20, we'll bring you:
Bruce Cockburn, Edie Brickell, Bruce Springsteen, Rick Derringer, David Bowie, Southside Johnny, Music For Montserrat, Jerry Garcia, Crowded House, Counting Crows,The Pretenders, Men At Work, Elton John, and Bob Weir!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday, December 13, 2025

Neil Young - 1989-12-13 - Rotterdam, Netherlands (Ex Aud)

Neil Young
1989-12-13
Sportpaleis Ahoy
Rotterdam, NL
Excellent Audience Recording
320 kbps
Artwork Included

CD 1:
01. My My, Hey Hey
02. Cocaine Eyes 
03. Razor Love
04. Comes A Time
05. Don't Let It Bring You Down
06. Someday (piano)
07. Crime In The City
08. Eldorado (with Frank Sampedro)
09. Roll Another Number (with Frank Sampedro & Ben Keith)

CD 2:
01. Too Far Gone   
02. This Note´s For You
03. The Needle And The Damage Done
04. No More
05. Dreamin' Man 
06. F***in' Up
07. Winterlong (piano)
08. Heart Of Gold   (with Ben Keith)
09. Rockin' In The Free World
10. Powderfinger


Over the years I've seen Neil 6 times - 3 acoustic shows, 2 electric shows and once with CSNY. I've seen him play quiet, heartfelt,, spare renditions of his tunes, and I've seen him stomp around, backed by Crazy Horse, like a man possessed, living up to his nickname as the Godfather of Grunge. I've seen him perform the rock opera Greendale and I've seen him help turbo charge his on again, off again band mates Crosby, Stills and Nash. No matter what, one thing remained constant in all these performances - Neil stays true to himself and plays what moves him at the moment.

This excellent audience recording captures Neil just a few months after I saw him live for the first time, doing an acoustic show in the Netherlands on December 13, 1989, 3 dozen years ago today.







0 comments:

Post a Comment