Coming Attractions

From September 11 to 20, we'll bring you:
Bruce Cockburn, Edie Brickell, Bruce Springsteen, Rick Derringer, David Bowie, Southside Johnny, Music For Montserrat, Jerry Garcia, Crowded House, Counting Crows,The Pretenders, Men At Work, Elton John, and Bob Weir!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, July 27, 2015

Grateful Dead - 1982-07-27 - Morrison, CO (SBD Matrix)

Grateful Dead
1982-07-27
Red Rocks Amphitheater,
Morrison, CO
Soundboard Matrix Recording
320 Kbps
Artwork Included

1st Set:
01. Jack Straw >
02. Sugaree
03. On the Road Again
04. It Must Have Been the Roses
05. Me & My Uncle >
06. Big River
07. Peggy-O >
08. Little Red Rooster
09. China Cat Sunflower >
10. I Know You Rider

2nd Set:
01. Tuning
02. Playing in the Band >
03. Terrapin Station >
04. Playing in the Band Jam >
05. Drums >
06. Space >
07. The Wheel >
08. The Other One >
09. Stella Blue >
10. Playing in the Band

Encore:
01. U.S. Blues


As mentioned in some earlier posts on this blog, we’ve kind of neglected 1982 in the Grateful Dead’s history, in large part because I didn’t see the band that year. So to make up for that, we’re bringing you 3 shows from that year this month, all from Red Rocks in Morrison, CO.. We start with this soundboard matrix recording from July 27, 1982, 33 years ago today. Download this one, then come back tomorrow and the next day for 2 more from Red Rocks.

1982 in Grateful Dead History
  • After an 8 year hiatus, Phil resumes singing, now in his natural range.
  • The Dead play at the first US Festival, the brainchild of Apple Co-founder Steve Wozniak, on Sunday, September 6. The band is the first act of the day, and its billed as Breakfast with The Grateful Dead, a very unusual time slot for a band renown for their late in the night jams!
  • The Dead begin playing Touch Of Grey, West LA Fadeaway and Throwing Stones in concert, 3 tunes that would not appear on a studio album until the release of In The Dark in 1987.
  • Ten years after the legendary Creamery Benefit show on August 27, 1972, the Dead return to Veneta Oregon for a concert on August 28, 1982. 
  • Live concerts from 1982 have been officially released include August 6 and August 7.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

82 was a superb year Speedy,saw a bunch of shows then and didnt see a bad one!
hope your vacations going well my friend...Wolfclan

Anonymous said...

new link please

speedymjb said...

Over the years, I've done by best to re-post dead links when asked. However, in recent weeks, it has simply gotten out of hand. I have several folks asking me to re-post every dead link for a particular band, or leaving 30 comments in a row, all requesting re-posts.

Well, I appreciate folks wanting the music, I simply do not have the time to deal with that volume of requests. If I tried to, I'd never have a chance to post anything new. let alone manage my job, family, etc.

So, if there's a show or two you'd like me to re-post, I'll do my best to get to it., But if you simply are asking me to re-post every dead link on the blog, well, that's something I simply won't be able to do. I know that may be disappointing, but its the reality of the situation as there's simply not enough hours in the day to get to everything.

Thanks for understanding.

Anonymous said...

all love your work thanks for your time !!!

The anonymous rip link report !

duke green said...

I have a pretty vast soundboard collection (~950 GD shows), all perfectly labeled and organized. You have about a 100 shows i do no have. Would be happy to trade yo all of my shows to get those from you i don't have. Could send you my hard drive. Any interest in trading?

speedymjb said...

@Duke Green - thanks for the offer but I don't do trades like that. I suggest you go to archive.org - you can download almost every dead show from their except the officially released ones.

duke green said...

i don't mean to hassle you but I wish i could convince you to take a copy of my hard drive to add to your own collection and make a copy of your dead collection for me. If you ever change your mine, just reach out to me offline.
regardless, what you do is very appreciated, i love looking at my computer at 8am every morning, THANK YOU.

Post a Comment