The Band
1973-07-31
Roosevelt Stadium
Jersey City, NJ
Soundboard Recording
320 kbps
Artwork Included
CD 1:
01. Goin Back to Memphis
02. Loving You
03. Tuning
04. The Shape I'm In
05. The Weight
06. Stage Fright
07. I Shall Be Released
08. Don't Do It
09. Tuning
10. Endless Highway
11. The Night They Drove Dixie Down
12. Across the Great Divide (missing)
13. This Wheel's on Fire
CD 2:
01. Saved
02. Life Is a Carnival
03. Share Your Love
04. Up On Cripple Creek
05. Genetic Method
06. Chest Fever
07. WS Walcott Med Show
08. Slippin' And Slidin'
When it comes to artists who have collaborated with Grateful Dead, The Band often springs to mind and with good reason. The Band was part of the Festival Express in 1970, and members of the group jammed with the Dead during the train rides between shows. The Band, along with the Allmans, spent much of the summer of 1973 touring together, including the mammoth show at Watkins Glenn on July 28 where all 3 bands jammed together to end the day. Rick Danko of The Band sat in with The Dead during their 3rd set on December 31, 1983, while all the members of The Band joined the Dead for the encore on June 21, 1984. One last note, while The Band did not play with the Dead on either night, they were the lead in act for the Dead’s final 2 shows, on July 8 and 9, 1995. We celebrate the relationship The Band had with the Dead with this soundboard recording of The Band o in Jersey City from July 31, 1973. 42 years ago today, on a day where they fittingly, led in for the Dead!



6 comments:
Top!
Thank you very much.
Awesome
Thank you very much
disc one is missing Across The Great Divide.
You're welcome. I went back to 2 separate sources on this and neither had Across The Great Divide. I guess its officially missing!
Thats cool.
I have a copy titled Slippin & Slidin in New Jersey. I was going to compare shows and that is how I noticed this one missing Across the Divide.
I can't get onto rapidshare any more. Do you know if something changed with them?
I used rapidshare today to upload and download with no issues. I have a free account with them. Not sure what's going on with them but you're not the only person to mention issues with rapid.
thank you for this one
great work...
/ t s
Post a Comment