Coming Attractions

From September 11 to 20, we'll bring you:
Bruce Cockburn, Edie Brickell, Bruce Springsteen, Rick Derringer, David Bowie, Southside Johnny, Music For Montserrat, Jerry Garcia, Crowded House, Counting Crows,The Pretenders, Men At Work, Elton John, and Bob Weir!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Grateful Dead - 1990-07-21 - Tinley Park, IL (SBD)

Grateful Dead
1990-07-21
World Music Theatre
Tinley Park, IL
Soundboard Recording
320 kbps
Artwork Included

1st Set:
01. Tuning
02. Touch Of Grey >
03. Greatest Story Ever Told
04. Jack-A-Roe
05. Walkin' Blues
06. Friend Of The Devil
07. Just A Little Light
08. Queen Jane Approximately
09. Bird Song

2nd Set:
01. Tuning
02. Scarlet Begonias >
03. Fire On The Mountain
04. Playing In The Band >
05. He's Gone >
06. Drums >
07. Space >
08. I Need A Miracle >
09. Crazy Fingers >
10. Playing Jam >
11. Dear Mr. Fantasy >
12. Playing In The Band Reprise >
13. One More Saturday Night

Encore:
01. The Mighty Quinn (Quinn The Eskimo)
 

Grateful Dead - 1990-07-21 - Tinley Park, IL (SBD)

For the Grateful Dead, 1990 was the middle year of a 3 year renaissance (1989-1991) where the band was playing almost as well as it had back in the glory days of the 1970s. That claim is supported by the fact that every Spring 1990 show has been officially released, making it only the 2nd tour, after Europe 72, released in its entirety. To celebrate 1990, we’[l bring you 3 shows in the next 3 days, featuring the Dead’s run at Tinley Park. We start today with a soundboard recording from July 21, 1990, 25 years ago this very day. Download this one, then come back tomorrow and the next day for 2 more from 1990

1990 in Grateful Dead History
  • The Dead celebrate the band’s 25th anniversary!
  • As seemed to always be the case, with celebration came sadness, as Brent Mydland became the 3rd keyboard player for the band to die tragically, overdosing on July 26, at the age of 37.
  • Bruce Honsby and Vince Welnick join the band in September, both on keyboards, replacing Mydland. 
  • In keeping with the custom of the day, the Dead release 3 music videos, for Built To Last, Just A Little Light and We Can Run
  • The Spring tour features the Dead consistently playing at levels that remind fans of their peak in the 1970s. Two box sets will eventually be be released, one in 2012, and one in 2014, that contain every show from that Spring 1990 run. 
  • Branford Marsalis sits in with the Dead for the first time during that Spring tour, on 3/29./1990.
  • Late in the year, The Dead release a double live album, Without A Net, which features highlights from shows played between October 1989 and April 1990. In recent years, numerous live shows from that period have been released in their entirety, rendering Without A Net superfluous. 
  • In addition to the entire Spring tour (16 shows between March 14 and April 3) the following live concerts from 1990 have been officially released: June 16, July 8, September 16, September 18, September 19, and September 20, ( I was at both the 9/18 and 9/20 shows).


7 comments:

jfarrell04 said...

Anyone else having trouble downloading this one? I keep getting taken to a page that reads (in part): "The Web server refused the connection." Thanks.

speedymjb said...

Sorry you are having trouble but I just tested it and its working fine.
here's the link just in case:
http://www.filefactory.com/file/2uox61048qr/21%20GD%201990-07-21%20%28SBD%29.rar

jfarrell04 said...

Thanks for the reply Speedy. Are you using the "slow"/free download like I am? I've tried with IE and with Chrome and I keep getting the "refusal" page...hmmm. I downloaded todays show (7-22-90) with no problem.

speedymjb said...

Here's a new link - see if this works:

http://www.filefactory.com/file/6i99idf961on/21%20GD%201990-07-21%20%28SBD%29.rar

jfarrell04 said...

Thanks much! The new link works like a charm. Kudos to you...thanks for all the music.

javaman75 said...

is there a new link for this show? Thank you so much!!

speedymjb said...

@Javaman - thnaks for the kind words - please see our policy on re-posts on the side of the blog - as much as I would love to, I simply can't repost dozens of shows by the same band in one day - I filled 2 of your requests today - please re-request these in a few days as I have other folks also making requests that I have an obligation to.

Post a Comment