Jorma Kaukonen
2000-07-05
Great American Music Hall
San Francisco, CA
Soundboard Recording
320 kbps
Artwork Included
CD 1:
01. Intro
02. True Religion
03. Trouble In Mind
04. The Terrible Operation
05. How Long Blues
06. Death Don't Have No Mercy
07. Do Not Go Gentle
08. I See The Light
09. Uncle Sam Blues
10. Living In The Moment ->
11. Embryonic Journey
12. Good Shepherd
13. 99 Year Blues
14. I Am The Light Of This World*
15. Let Us Get Together Right Down Here*
16. Candy Man*
CD 2:
01. Hesitation Blues
02. Been So Long
03. Winin' Boy Blues
04. I Know You Rider
05. Genesis
06. Ice Age
07. Nine Pound Hammer
08. Mann's Fate
09. Walkin' Blues*^
10. She's Into Somethin'*^
*with Pete Sears
^with Geoff Achison
Jorma Kaukonen, guitarist for the Jefferson Airplane and Hot Tuna, was often a guest of the Dead, with and without his band mates. Deadbase shows Jorma sitting in solo with the Dead 4 times in 1969 and 1970, including 3 times between November 11 and November 20, 1970. Of course, in the late 1960s, as the San Francesco music seen flourished, the Dead & The Airplane shared the bill on almost 50 occasions and who knows how many of those times they jammed together. In any event, in honor of the long relationship between the Dead and Jorma, here’s a soundboard recording of the legendary guitarist from July 5, 2000, 15 years ago today.

2 comments:
love what you do, thank you. the 2000-07-05 jorma show has a number of loud screeching like noises.
Thanks for the kind words. Sorry about the noise - it might be digital noise that was on the master or an issue when it was converted to mp3. I don't have another source so unfortunately, nothing I can do about it. We do our best to provide great sounding shows but every now and then, one slips through the cracks..Sorry again
Post a Comment