1990-07-23
World Music Theatre
Tinley Park, IL
Soundboard Recording
320 kbps
Artwork Included
1st Set:
01. Tuning
02. Cold Rain & Snow
03. Picasso Moon
04. Never Trust A Woman
05. Stagger Lee
06. Cassidy
07. Truckin' >
08. Nobody's Fault But Mine Jam >
09. Smokestack Lightning
2nd Set:
01. Tuning
02. Victim Or The Crime >
03. Foolish Heart >
04. Man Smart, Woman Smarter >
05. Terrapin Station >
06. Drums >
07. Space >
08. All Along The Watchtower >
09. Standing On The Moon >
10. Around And Around >
11. Good Lovin'
Encore:
01. The Weight
Grateful Dead - 1990-07-23 - Tinley Park, IL (SBD)
As promised yesterday, here’s the 3rdshow from the Grateful Dead’s 1990 run in Tinley Park. This one is a soundboard recording from July 23, 1990, 25 years ago today. This would be Brent Mydland’s final show, as the keyboardist passed away just 3 days later from an overdose. RIP.
1990 in Grateful Dead History
- See our post on July 21 for key moments in Grateful Dead history from 1990.



4 comments:
RIP Brent. Hard to believe it's been 25 years. Godspeed brother.
And as we know his final verse was "I gotta go but my friends can stick around".
Hi Speedy! It's been a while since I've posted a comment on your eternally beautiful blog! But, as I (for better, or worse) haven't had as much time to spend on what makes me truly happy (wink, wink) (~);-}. In a nutshell, circumstances beyond my control have taken what was a much anticipated daily ritual of seeing what live recording(s) you had posted to correspond to that date for all to enjoy, & reduced it to- MAYBE?!?! - once every 5 days, or so. I simply had to leave a message of appreciation for these Tinley Park SBD's...even though I have pristine (C.M.) copies already. 1990 was my 3rd straight year of seeing every G.D. summer gig, & outside of Jerry, Brent was my guy! I hadn't even finished laundering my clothes from the trip, back in Pittsburgh, when I heard the tragic news. REST IN PEACE BRENT, & LONG LIVE SPEEDY/SO MANY ROADS!!! Long is the road we're travelin' down... Sorry for my ramble folks...good stuff, though!
Good to hear from you Catfish. Hope all is well my friend. Long nay you run my good friend
thank you for the deadddddd man
Post a Comment